From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: CloudStack 4.0 release plan
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 14:46:06 GMT
On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 10:23:03AM -0400, Chip Childers wrote:
> "we are working towards" / "there are outstanding issues that will
> have to be resolved in a short period of time"
>
> Basically, hedge it a little bit... ;-)

Oh, absolutely. My main concern is the appearance of radio silence while
things are going on. While we've talked about the release plans and
challenges getting the Apache release out on list, we all know that most
folks don't read the lists. There's some *serious* misconceptions out
there[1] right now about the relationship with the CloudPlatform product
from Citrix in relation to Apache CloudStack that I'd rather not see
cemented.

So I will be sure to point out that the date is a goal, not a promise,
and that there's much work between here and there. Also, more hands
welcome...

[1]: http://www.shapeblue.com/2012/07/29/cloud-platform-3-0-4-whats-new/
--
Joe Brockmeier