From "Kelcey Damage \(BBITS\)" <kel...@bbits.ca>
Subject RE: Planet Cloudstack
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2012 19:58:20 GMT
If you think it's a good idea I happily second the notion of a different
aggregator on planet.apache.

I'm not even sure what ASF overhead even amounts to.

Kelcey Jamison-Damage
Infrastructure Systems Architect

Backbone IT Service | Backbone Datavault | Backbone Technology
55 East 7th Ave Vancouver - BC Canada V5T 1M4
kelcey@bbits.ca | 604-331-1152 ext. 114
-----Original Message-----
From: David Nalley [mailto:david@gnsa.us]
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2012 12:53 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Planet Cloudstack

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 3:47 PM, Kelcey Damage (BBITS) <kelcey@bbits.ca>
wrote:
> I vote for planetcloudstack.org as it removes us from ASF and foes not
> cause trademark infringement.

One could argue that the presence of cloudstack in the domain name is enough
to trigger trademark violation.

There's been some talk elsewhere that perhaps we could setup a different
aggregator on planet.apache.org (right now there is
planet.apache.org/committers, presumably we could set
planet.apache.org/cloudstack and have a different set of rules on who could
be there. )

just a step back, I think part of the goal would be to get content up from
users as well as committers, as often the user blogs are useful in a way
that committer blogs might not be.

Thoughts?

--David