From Anantha Kasetty <Anantha.Kase...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Multiple instances of CloudStack on the same machine
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 20:06:17 GMT
Each of the CS instance would be named (uniquely for a given machine).
The instance name would be used as a prefix for the directories,
something like

/etc/cloud/instancename/management
/var/log/cloud/instancename/management

The more I thought about it, having multiple management servers on the
same physical server or VM, quickly came to the conclusion that it would
be bad (conflicting RPM/package dependencies between different versions
would be major pain or impossible to handle).  Given the limited benefit,
I realize it is simpler using container based virtualization on Linux or
use the hypervisor to create multiple management VMs for each CS install.

regards,
Anantha Kasetty