From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: Patches review
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2012 21:20:20 GMT
On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 4:17 PM, Adrian Cole <adrian.f.cole@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 gerrit, particularly as it helps avoid additional process mismatches for
> folks working in both openstack and cloudstack

So while I like the thinking here, let me present the flip side of the coin.
Reviewboard is what is used in a large number of other ASF projects,
so getting reviewboard up and running is just a ticket. Whereas gerrit
would mean we would need to have a set of committers maintain that
infrastructure. Not necessarily a blocker, but something else to
consider. This also means we could likely get reviewboard up in short
order, while gerrit could potentially take longer as we have to both
do the work, and wait for allocation of resources.

--David