From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: vmtemplate.status values?
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2012 16:04:09 GMT
On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 11:20 AM, Nitin Mehta <Nitin.Mehta@citrix.com> wrote:
> Hi Adrian,
>
> Please find below explanation of the vmtemplate status. It would be great if we could
add this explanation against the enums as comments as well.

> UNKNOWN - status of download is not known. Example - When the job for downloading  doesn't
exist during progress check.
> ABANDONED - the download has been cancelled/aborted.
> DOWNLOAD_ERROR - the download has reached an error state. Example - there is not route
to ssvm agent.
> NOT_DOWNLOADED - the download hasn't started.
> DOWNLOAD_IN_PROGRESS - the download is in progress
> DOWNLOADED - the resource has been downloaded on secondary storage.
>
> // These states are specifically used for extraction of resources out of CS(ironically
shown as download template in the UI, API - extractTemplate ). Some of the generic states
(like abandoned, unknown) above are used for the extraction tasks as well.
> UPLOADED - the resource has been uploaded
> NOT_UPLOADED - the resource upload work hasn't started yet
> UPLOAD_ERROR - the resource upload has reached error.
> UPLOAD_IN_PROGRESS - the resource upload is in progress.
>
> Thanks,
> -Nitin

Adrian:

Would you mind creating a bug (bugs.cloudstack.org) so that this gets
done? Or better yet, provide a patch? :)

--David