From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: add a ssh button to the VM tab
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 16:29:41 GMT
On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Wido den Hollander <wido@widodh.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> On 06/22/2012 03:09 PM, LAMBERT Thomas wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> i would like to add a button in the VM tab, to open a SSH console into the
>> selected VM. I don't really know where to begin, could someone give me a
>> hint  or advice about this?
>

> Would you like to open a in-browser SSH console? That would be kind of hard.
>
> You could build this into the UI and place a link like:
> "ssh://<ip-of-instance>"
>
> But you would have to register the handle "ssh://" to a binary which then
> gets executed on the client, but that's out of your scope.
>
> Wido
>

>> Thanks, have a nice weekend!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Thomas

Not to mention - what if you don't have a route to the VM's network -
and I am not sure there is a deterministic way for the management
server to know if the client can connect to the VM - and even if it
did - what interface would you push it to (think multi-nics, guest vs.
public network, etc...)

--David