From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: Localization
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2012 17:03:12 GMT
2012/5/31 Даниил Брежнев <legion.mail@ua.fm>:
> Help pleased
> http://cloudstack.org/forum/6-general-discussion/11077-localization.html
>
> -- реклама -----------------------------------------------------------
> Новинки в магазине модной одежды на сайте BonPrix
> http://goo.gl/kgKDE

Hi Folks, I've been working with Legion on IRC re this issue:

Some source to help things:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24709202/messages.zip

^ contains an updated messages.properties, with the
label.lang.russian, and messages_ru.properties.

If in ui/index.jsp he includes the following line:

<option value="ru"><fmt:message key="label.lang.russian"/></option>

If label.lang.russian = 'Russian'
then all is well, however if
label.lang.russian=Русский
He gets the below:
http://clip2net.com/clip/m101255/1338371096-54-24kb.jpg

If however me doesn't use label.lang.russian, and uses Русский in
index.jsp itself it also works well.

Is this expected behavior?

Perhaps a better question, even if it is expected behavior - are we
essentially expecting users to know the english name for their
language? (we aren't even including language ISO codes that might give
it away in the UI)

--David