From Lu Heng <h...@anytimechinese.com>
Subject Re: Config public network without VLAN(error:no route to the host)
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 00:35:27 GMT
Hi

I think I know where is the problem ,seems the SSVM can not visit outside
network. it can ping the public IP address within the range, but it can not
access anything outside of the three network range which is listed below as
well as in the first Email.

So the real question is, in this network setup, how can we config
cloudstack network?

" Hi

We have following setup

management network(public IP range, 123.123.123.0/24)
storage network(private IP range 10.2.0.0/24)
public network(public IP range 111.111.111.0/24)

1 CP
1 Nic on management network
1 Nic on storage network

2*Host
1 Nic on management network
1 Nic on storage network
1 Nic on public network

1 storage
1 Nic on management network
1 nic on storage network

Management server has an NFS share which mounted on the storage network as
secondary storage.

So two questions:

1. for the public network, there is no vlan setup, the IP is direct routed
to both host server(they are on access point), the question is, while I
config the public network and guest network, it always ask for vlan number,
which we don't have.

2. We saw "no route to the host" error in all the template, ISOs, in which
we can not create any instance on.

Please, if any one have good suggestion in this network setup, how can we
do it."

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 2:31 AM, Lu Heng <h.lu@anytimechinese.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Thanks for reply. I just added an ISO with following URL
>

> http://mirror.stanford.edu/yum/pub/centos/6.2/isos/x86_64/CentOS-6.2-x86_64-LiveDVD.iso
>
> It still shows no route to host, and for the default template(centos 5.6),
> I saw the download complete when I do the preparation for secondary storage.
>

> On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 2:24 AM, Frank Zhang <Frank.Zhang@citrix.com>wrote:
>
>> Sorry for misleading before. The "no route to host" means CloudStack fail
>> to download template to secondary storage because it cannot access the URL
>> of template.

>> So you have seen it's state in Ready sometimes before? And then it
>> changed to "No route to host"?
>> Emm this sounds weird to me. once the template is downloaded to secondary
>> storage successfully, its state changes to Ready permanently in database.
>> Is the centos template you mentioned the builtin template automatically
>> downloaded by CloudStack after SSVM is running?
>> Have you tried wget in SSVM?

>> open.
>>
>> And If I mount the secondary storage to the SSVM, and write on it, there
>> is no error with "no route to host"
>> On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 2:13 AM, Frank Zhang <Frank.Zhang@citrix.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > please refer to my reply
>> >
>> > "The first template(the centos template in which already downloaded
>> during
>> > preparation) is not even working, it also shows "no route to the host""
>> No that means it didn't download successfully.  Login SSVM, try
>> downloading the template you want by wget.
>> You should face the problem of "no route to host", as aforementioned,
>> there is some firewall rules blocking the traffic.
>> Given the default centos failed to download, I suspect your 443 port or
>> 80 port to public network is blocked.

>> exsits.

>> any
>>  state NEW