From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: Easy task for folks looking to get involved
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2012 20:33:42 GMT
I think we are getting close to being done with the ASF header
updates.  I completed 9 more folders, and triaged the remaining 8.

The remaining 8 need review from whomever feels they know the history
or status of those folders.  I'm happy to make the header changes with
guidance from more expert people.  Please reply with advice or
agreement that a folder doesn't need anything changed within it, and
I'll take it from there.

The following folders are completed, but I don't know how to get them
to a committer, except via email.  Please let me
know if there is a JIRA item that I can use instead of attaching to
email.  That, or can someone accept the files off list for review and
commit?

awsapi
awsapi-setup
core
ovm
server
setup
test
ui
vmware-base

BTW - I noticed a few .patch files actually committed in the
ovm/scripts/vm/hypervisor/ovm folder.  I'm not sure why they are
there.

Here are the folders that I have outstanding questions / issues with:

debian 34  - SKIPPED - This folder looks like it doesn't contain any
code that needs the header, plus it has some code that is actually
from another source (ex: rules file)
deps 166 - SKIPPED - This folder appears to be entirely external code
/ resources.  I'm assuming that it doesn't require (or can have) ASF
headers.
docs 100 - SKIPPED - I'm not sure how the documentation folder will
get the copyright and license terms changes.  Can one of the technical
writers from the Citrix team take a look and help here?
patches 93 - SKIPPED - I frankly can't tell what files are appropriate
to change in this folder.
project_admin 9 - SKIPPED - This folder doesn't appear to have any
files that require the ASF header.
scripts 165 - SKIPPED - I need help from someone with more
understanding of the various files in this directory.  One issue I
found is that some of the files are copyrighted by other projects.
ex:  scripts/storage/secondary/swift
tools 954 - SKIPPED - Similar issue to the scripts folder.

The following were previously completed.  I'm pretty certain that they
have all been applied to the master repo by Dave Nalley already:
agent
agent-simulator
api
build