From Kelven Yang <kelven.y...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: add a ssh button to the VM tab
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2012 17:12:07 GMT
Thomas,
To add SSH viewer, a few things need to keep in mind

1) CloudStack UI is purely running inside a browser, browser sandbox would prevent it from
launching external applications
2) CloudStack UI may also be running across multiple platforms (Windows, linux, Mac OS), each
platform has its own terminal applications
3) The selected VM may not have public accessible IP, and for certain guest OS, there is no
default SSH service daemon.

>From above #1 and #2 points, it points to that you will need to develop a AJAX based SSH
viewer(as there is no universal external SSH tool you can use externally), for #3, a more
comprehensive solution needs to be in place at server side to make the experience smooth.

Kelven