From Anthony Xu <Xuefei...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: missing centos 5.8 and centos 6.2 options
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2012 17:07:33 GMT
When you upload CentOS 5.8 disk image as template , you can choose Redhat 5.5 as Guest OS type.

But, right now, XenServer doesn't support install Centos 5.8 and Centos 6.2 from ISO, maybe
next version of XenServer.

Assume you are using XenServer 6.0.2.

1. centos 5.8
	a. upload centos 5.7 ISO as CentOS 5.7 guest OS type,
	b.  start a VM from Centos 5.7 ISO.
	C. execute "yum update" inside VM to upgrade it to Centos 5.8

2. centos 6.2
	a. upload centos 6.0 ISO as CentOS 6.0 guest OS type,
	b.  start a VM from Centos 6.0 ISO.
	C. execute "yum update" inside VM to upgrade it to Centos 6.2

Cheers,
Anthony