From Alex Huang <Alex.Hu...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] Further refinement of CloudStack modules...
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 14:19:08 GMT
> Great diagram! I have a silly question though, is there any particular reason
> why cloud-orchestration was selected over cloud-management?

That's a good question.  The management server is actually two parts.  The first part is the
orchestration engine (cloud-orchestration).  The second part are the auth, acl, and services
built on top of orchestration engine (cloud-api-server).  Together that constructs the management
server.

CloudStack today is somewhat deployed as such because there are two different pools of threads
handling each.  We're going to make that more explicit by breaking it into two modules.

--Alex