From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: Patches review
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2012 12:31:58 GMT

On Jun 19, 2012, at 12:44 AM, Ewan Mellor <Ewan.Mellor@eu.citrix.com> wrote:

>> [Re ReviewBoard]
>>
>> I think it's low 'cost' to try it out. If no one objects in the next
>> day or so I'll request that we get CloudStack instance in reviewboard,
>> and we can try using it for a week or two and see if that is to our
>> liking. If there are specific problems that we find from a workflow
>> perspective that would be solved by Gerrit, we'll be in a better place
>> to decide.
>>
>> (I see no problem with iteration here, as long as we recognize failure
>> early on and then do something different)
>
> Sounds good to me.
>
> Can anyone comment on why it was down for so long recently?  We obviously can't tolerate
downtime like that if we're going to depend on it.  I'd want to make sure that we address
any stability problems sooner rather than later.

> Thanks,
>
> Ewan.

Yes, so briefly the downtime was caused by a failed upgrade which had DB issues. Infra was
essentially trying to avoid loss of historical data. The upgrade was from 1.5.5 to 1.6.7,
which upstream considered to be a major upgrade, and there have been lots of reports of upgrade
problems based on a brief perusal of the mailing list. So not a stability issue per se as
much as a failed upgrade.

--David