From Hugo Trippaers <HTrippa...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject RE: Nicira integration pre-review
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2012 07:05:27 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: David Nalley [mailto:david@gnsa.us]
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2012 7:34 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Cc: Somik Behera (somik@nicira.com)
Subject: Re: Nicira integration pre-review

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 5:51 AM, Hugo Trippaers <HTrippaers@schubergphilis.com> wrote:
> Hey All,
>

> As some of you know Somik Behera and me have been working on adding
> Nicira support to CloudStack. We have identified a few phases in the
> project, where phase one is L2 isolated networking. Attached to this
> email is a patch that will add Nicira phase 1 integration to
> CloudStack. We have done internal testing using this patch and now we
> would like to invite you to have a look as well before we submit this patch for review.
>

> We are looking for feedback on the integration when the existing
> modules, we already discussed a few things in a recent meeting with
> Chiradeep, but real code makes it easier to see how we implemented this.
>

> Based on the feedback and some pending thoughts about name conventions
> we will modify the patch and submit it for review.
>

> Looking forward to your feedback.
>

> The patch can also be found on GitHub at
> https://github.com/schubergphilis/CloudStack/commit/35e11044faf83a0749
> 87848368a0a9399e97ab28

Hugo,

This is awesome. Thanks for letting us have a peak.

A couple of just housekeeping items:

You have license headers that don't match the ASF requirements, you may want to review this:

http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html

I am also curious as to what you see the remaining phases of support to be?

--David