From Hugo Trippaers <HTrippa...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject RE: making VM startup more fine-grained
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2012 18:11:16 GMT
Heya,

What would be the best way to get this done, or worked around on short notice? We have some
dedicated resources to work on the SDN integration this week so we would like to move this
forward.

Cheers,

Hugo

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Huang [mailto:Alex.Huang@citrix.com]
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2012 3:10 AM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: making VM startup more fine-grained

Volumes can outlive VMs but nics cannot.

I like your idea in the other email.  Break the StartCommand into two commands, a ConstructCommand
and a StartCommand.  That makes sense to me and would resolve this problem.

I think createVif and addVif support will depend on the hypervisor capabilities.  Something
we should develop for each hypervisor.

--Alex