From Venkata SwamyBabu Budumuru <venkataswamybabu.budum...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: How Direct Attached Networking work
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 12:07:27 GMT
>From CloudStack 3.0 onwards, direct tagged networks are referred as Shared networks. Shared
guest networks can only be created by admin and in order to create from CS UI, you need to
go "Infrastructure --> Zones --> physical Network -> Guest -> configure ->
networks --> add guest network"

Thanks,
SWAMY

-----Original Message-----
From: Sanjeev Neelarapu [mailto:sanjeev.neelarapu@citrix.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 5:32 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org; h.lu@anytimechinese.com
Subject: RE: How Direct Attached Networking work

Hi,

In advanced networking the user VMs get private address by default.
Please follow below steps for the user to have Direct attached networking:
1. Create network offering with guest type "Shared"
2. Create guest network using the network offering created at step 1 and while creating guest
network you can specify the public ip range.
3. Deploy guest vm using the guest network created at step 2.

Thanks,
Sanjeev