From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: Runbook for a very small setup
Date Sat, 30 Jun 2012 14:13:25 GMT

On 06/29/2012 05:30 PM, David Nalley wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've been working on a set of prescriptive instructions for getting a
> very small instance of CloudStack up and running while I have been on
> planes. I think that's in a decent shape at this point, and so I
> finally go around to committing that to the repo under ./doc (so feel
> free to propose patches). This is different from the install guides as
> I've essentially made every choice along the path, and this is really
> to get you along one specific path to success and not showing you all
> or even many of the options that CloudStack can take advantage of.
>
> In the meantime I've published that here for your perusal:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~ke4qqq/runbook/

Looks great! Seems like an easy way for people to set up their first
cluster.

Although I really do like this initiative, shouldn't we be cautious that
we are bringing up to much documentation?

We already have a PDF where we explain people how to set up CloudStack.
We should prevent having multiple docs which might say different things :)

Wido