From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Coding conventions, spaces and tabs
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 16:37:34 GMT
Hi,

While working on CloudStack I noticed that a lot of files still use tabs
instead of spaces.

I've been working on the agent mainly and there it seems bad.

The coding convention [0] says:

"Must indent with space not tabs. Indentation = 4 spaces"

Now, I'm sure this is legacy, but would anybody vote against fixing this?

A simple find + sed could fix a lot:

$ find -name '*.java' -exec sed -i --posix -e 's/\t/    /g' {} \;

I would want to try with the agent first and see how that works out,
later on we can fix other components like api, core and server.

Objections? Suggestions?

Wido

[0]:
http://docs.cloudstack.org/CloudStack_Documentation/Design_Documents/Coding_Conventions