From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: new committer: Wido den Hollander
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2012 11:44:01 GMT
Hi,

On 06/18/2012 06:31 PM, David Nalley wrote:
> The Podling Project Management Committee (PPMC) for Apache CloudStack
> has asked Wido den Hollander to become a committer and we are pleased
> to announce that he has accepted.

I'll do a short formal kind of introduction :)

I'm co-owner of a dutch hosting company and we're big fans of Open
Source and KVM.

My main target for CloudStack is to build in Ceph/RBD [0][1] support. On
my way of writing the code I encountered a lot of bumps like libvirt and
the libvirt java bindings.

With those things settled I'm back to my original goal and that is to
integrate Ceph.

I'll probably encounter multiple bugs in CloudStack since I'm setting up
new clusters over and over to test all my stuff.

On my the longer term I have some more goals for CloudStack:
- ZFS on Linux support for LOCAL storage
- IPv6 support (Basic and Advanced networking)

Well, let's get developing and committing!

Wido

[0]: http://www.ceph.com/docs/master/rbd/rbd/
[1]: https://github.com/wido/CloudStack/commits/rbd