From Robert Schweikert <rjsch...@suse.com>
Subject Re: Maintainer/committer model for CloudStack
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 06:12:51 GMT

On 06/12/2012 07:45 PM, Will Chan wrote:
> I've taken all the feedback so far and extended the CloudStack Maintainers Guide written
by John and added all the maintainers so far.  There are probably more missing but that's
what we have today.  If we want this list to be its own page, we can certainly do that as
well but I thought it was easier to see what a maintainer's role of CloudStack is and who
they are currently all in a single page.

> http://wiki.cloudstack.org/display/COMM/Draft%3A+CloudStack+Maintainers+Guide

Looks good to me.

I think it would be nice to have a couple of sentences providing a
guideline when fixes will be applied to a release branch. At this point
the page only states that fixes will be applied to trunk. However, I can
imagine some scenarios where a fix in a release branch is
warranted/really useful.

- security issue
- annoying bug that almost everyone hits
- bug that is not necessarily annoying but has no work-around and
effects expected functionality

Robert

Tech Lead
rjschwei@suse.com