From Robert Schweikert <rjsch...@suse.com>
Subject Re: CloudStack gathering around LinuxConNA?
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 15:28:15 GMT
On 06/01/2012 10:48 PM, David Nalley wrote:
> On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 9:51 AM, David Nalley<david@gnsa.us>  wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> $dayjob has reserved some space in San Diego immediately preceeding
>> LinuxConNA [1] (Aug 29-31) during which they plan to hold XenSummit
>> [2] (Aug 27-28) - and they have some excess room space they are not
>> going to use. Before deciding to release the space back to the hotel
>> they asked if CloudStack could make use of it. So - is anyone
>> interested in a hackathon or bootcamp, or even a social event? It
>> sounds interesting because of both Xen Summit and there is a
>> co-located oVirt workshop, and the kernel summit, which draws lots of
>> KVM folks - so should be plenty of virtualization folks present,
>> though obviously they might not be engaged directly with us, but might
>> be helpful from an ability to build relationships standpoint.
>>

> Just to follow up on this. I'll take the offer for the room on the
> 27th and 28th. I've been told the room will seat around 30 classroom
> style. Any suggestions for what we should have as content? One day
> hackathon, one day developer training? Two days of hackathon?
> Something else?

I'd like to see us have a discussion about packaging for various
distros, discuss dependencies, build system, possibly a follow on to
Alex's proposal
(http://wiki.cloudstack.org/display/dev/New+Packaging+Proposal) and
things related to these topics. Maybe a 2 hour session for these topics.

As more and more stuff is getting co-located with LinuxCon and the days
earlier in the week I am not certain there'll be a lot of people that
can devote a whole day to CloudStack, thus having somewhat of a time
plan may be advantageous as people can slip in and out.

My $0.02
Robert

Tech Lead
rjschwei@suse.com