From Prasanna Santhanam <prasanna.santha...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: FW: Moving third party dependencies to ASF approved licenses - jnetpcap
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2012 06:18:41 GMT
On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 12:36:52AM -0400, Pradeep Soundararajan wrote:
> Prasanna,
>
> I have resolved the below issue in my private copy, it is just a
> syntax error in "printd" not a backward compatibility issue.  I am
> also getting some other syntax error in different py scripts. Just
> wanted to know the working version of marvin scripts. I hope you are
> maintaining it...
>
> build-apidocs:
>      [echo] build-apidocs
>      [exec]   File "/home/pradeep-ubuntu/workspaces/cloudstack-oss/setup/apidoc/gen_toc.py",
line 157
>      [exec]     except ExpatError, e:
>      [exec]                      ^
>      [exec] SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>      [exec] Result: 1
>      [echo] Result locates at /home/pradeep-ubuntu/workspaces/cloudstack-oss/dist/commands.xml
>
> build-marvin:
>      [echo] Generating Marvin API Classes
>      [exec]   File "codegenerator.py", line 270
>      [exec]     print "the spec file %s does not exists"%apiSpecFile
>      [exec]                                            ^
>      [exec] SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>      [exec] Result: 1
>      [echo] API classes @ /home/pradeep-ubuntu/workspaces/cloudstack-oss/tools/marvin/marvin/cloudstackAPI
>
> package-marvin:
>      [echo] Packaging Marvin
>      [exec] running sdist
>      [exec] running check
>      [exec] /usr/lib/python3.1/distutils/dist.py:259: UserWarning: Unknown distribution
option: 'install_requires'
>      [exec]   warnings.warn(msg)
>      [exec] error: package directory 'marvin/cloudstackAPI' does not exist
>      [exec] Result: 1
>      [echo] distributable tarball at: /home/pradeep-ubuntu/workspaces/cloudstack-oss/tools/marvin/dist/Marvin-*.tar.gz

I've just built the latest incubator master fine on my laptop [1].
Please do not correct the syntax to suit Python 3.0. Python 3.0's
print is a function unlike in python 2.7. [2]

You might want to downgrade your python on ubuntu before building
marvin. The ExpatError from the other ant task build-apidocs is also
mostly because of the incompatibility of 3.0. build-apidocs builds
fine on jenkins.cloudstack.org at the moment.

[1] http://paste.cloudstack.org/IAH5/
[2] http://docs.python.org/release/3.0.1/whatsnew/3.0.html#print-is-a-function
--
Prasanna.,