From long <cloudsta...@163.com>
Subject Re:RE: Cloudstack 3.0.2: Specifying NFS ver. 3
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 05:22:18 GMT
hi, Charles Russel

according to your testing on gluster, do you think it is product ready   cloudstack-over-gluster?
gluster may  not be so perfect now .

Eric.
other way to use your gluster,   manually  you have to mount(gluster) on every hyptervisor
and secondary storage,
then  mount  --bind  /gluster   /var/run/sr-mount/

At 2012-06-07 01:16:47,"Charles Russell" <Charles.Russell@kisinc.net> wrote:
>Yes that is my recommendation from my testing/research.  At present Xen doesn't support
gluster natively, but will support NFS.  I am working on a possible over ride to Xen NFS implementation
to natively support it but it's not even ready for a Alpha release at this point.  So the
trick is to abstract Gluster from XEN and present something it can consume. This configuration
has not made it out of my lab system into production with gluster yet, and would recommend
the same for you until you've tested every recovery scenario and performance scenario to ensure
it meets and exceeds your goals.

>Also, upgrade your gluster system to at least 3.3beta4.  There is a big file locking issue
with 3.2.6 which will pause all VM's during snapshots.  Keep in mind, every brick post 3.3
for gluster must be on the exact same code base or it will not work.

>Charles Russell
>Senior Consulting Engineer
>Knowledge Information Solutions, Inc.
>Phone: (757)  275-7523
>Cell: (757) 647-6236

be an option [in the Web interface] to use local file systems in Basic installations...