From Ahmad Emneina <Ahmad.Emne...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Tags
Date Sat, 05 May 2012 04:31:13 GMT
i'd love having a per compute/storage resource 'behavior' toggle would, that'd be cool and
flexible. say i add storage to a cluster i can mark it 'tag required', to not allow tagless
offerings to deploy there.

Kevin Kluge wrote:
> The particular behavior in question is how we handle provisioning instances
> that don't have a matching tag. Today, you might not have that
> 'really_really_fast' tag but your machine might still end up on the
> 'really_really_fast'-tagged storage. (e.g. the tagged resources aren't
> exclusively reserved for instances with matching tags)

Did you discuss the case where a resource offers A,B but the requirement is for only A?
Would that fail to match?

The current design is just that the offering tags are requirements (and an offering with no
tags has no requirements).   That does force everything to be tagged to get "negative" control,
but it seems relatively easy to think about.