From Clayton Weise <cwe...@iswest.net>
Subject RE: 8 Xen hosts limitations
Date Thu, 31 May 2012 16:20:45 GMT
Somebody from Citrix/CloudStack can correct me here but as I understand it 8 is a rule of thumb
and not a strict law.  That being said, XenServer (and XCP) are limited to 16 hosts per resource
pool -- and that _is_ a hard limit.  Other limits are available from here: http://www.citrix.com/site/resources/dynamic/salesdocs/Citrix_XenServer_6_Configuration_Limits.pdf

-Clayton

-----Original Message-----
From: Lucas Hughes [mailto:lucas.hughes@ecommerce.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 8:16 AM
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org; cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: 8 Xen hosts limitations

Hello,

I see in the install docs that it says not to use more than 8 Xen hosts
in one pool. I am wondering why this is the case because as a test I
added 10 hosts to a pool and Cloudstack is managing them without any
issues that I see. Any further clarification on this issue would be
greatly appreciated.

--
Lucas Hughes
Cloud Engineer