From Murali Reddy <Murali.Re...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Open vSwitch tunnel Manager (aka Cloudstack SDN) - community feedback required!
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 15:22:48 GMT
On 09/05/12 1:48 AM, "Alex Huang" <Alex.Huang@citrix.com> wrote:

>- OVS Manager should expose its own APIs to configure OVS networking so
>that we don't shoehorn what OVS supports into VLAN range.
>- OVS should be an entirely separate jar built with dependency on
>cloud-api.jar only.

As we begin to add more NetworkElements in to CloudStack may be the
guildeline should be to implement them as PluggableService. Also does it
make sense to enforce that plugin (NetworkElement and NetworkGuru in this
case) does not get access to CloudStack core resources (other managers,
Dao's etc) so that they abide by interface semantics and forced to manage
their own resources?