From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: XAPI API (aka xenserver-java)
Date Fri, 18 May 2012 04:20:23 GMT
On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 11:58 PM, Kevin Kluge <Kevin.Kluge@citrix.com> wrote:
> David, I had assumed that we could just get this library released under AL2 and bundle
the jar with CloudStack.   It'd be great if distros picked it up but that seems more difficult
and longer term than a re-license, given our ability to influence the license of this particular
piece of software.  (My understanding is that Citrix wrote all that code, and it could be
released under multiple licenses if needed, which would presumably not upset the Xen/XenServer
community.)

> -kevin

Ahh - I was unaware that this was a solely Citrix-written piece of
software, unlike the rest of Xen* - If we can get it relicensed,
that's better, perhaps we can get our changes upstreamed at the same
time.

--David