From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: git migration heads up
Date Thu, 24 May 2012 21:02:12 GMT
On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 4:54 PM, Alena Prokharchyk
<Alena.Prokharchyk@citrix.com> wrote:
> On 5/24/12 7:17 AM, "David Nalley" <david@gnsa.us> wrote:
>
>>Just an FYI:
>>
>>Mohammad and I are going to freeze github/git.cloud.com's 3.0.x and
>>master branches this weekend while we attempt to migrate them to the
>>ASF repo. The ASF repo will remain frozen until we can conclude a vote
>>(I understand that the PPMC must certify/accept the code drop), after
>>which the ASF repo should become the canonical repo for the project.
>>

> I have a question about the branch I'm currently working on - vpc-3.0.x
> (checkins for Burbank VAps feature go there). This branch is supposed to
> be merged to 3.0.x/master in about 2 weeks.
>
> Should we merge vpc-3.0.x to apache repo as well at this point?
>
> Thanks,
> -Alena.

Hi Alena:

It shouldn't be a problem to merge at a later point (and I am
specifically trying to keep the number of branches we initially bring
over down just for complexity's sake.)

When it's ready to merge you should still be able to do so. No need to
rush things on your end.

you'll add a new remote to your existing local git config - we'll say
you run something like
'git remote add asf
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cloudstack.git'

Then you should be able to trivially merge stuff from existing
branches to the ASF hosted repo (and create new branches there as
well)

--David