From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Regarding first incubator report
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 15:09:35 GMT
Hi Kevin,

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 3:54 PM, Kevin Kluge <Kevin.Kluge@citrix.com> wrote:

> Hi Alex, glad to hear you think the community is working well.   We
> followed the template that was pre-existing and added content to it.
> Personally I think it's fine, but this is my first involvement in producing
> this report so would certainly appreciate feedback.

Doh! It looks like I have missed a few conversations :-(. Brett just gave
me a heads up.

I've read and reviewed the report and it looks great. I have only one
additional recommendation and it's optional at best.

If you remember, there was some discussion over how we can put individual
committers without vast hardware resources at an equal footing with those
working for companies having the infrastructure to support development,
like Citrix employees for example.

We talked about a service being exposed for integration testing code pushes
and you mentioned an integration testing framework that Citrix may make
available so all contributions can be thoroughly tested. This would in turn
make it easier for those without hardware resources at their disposal to
participate and would decrease the time for us to apply patches. Could we
make mention of this in the report? I thought it might be good for the
board to know that we're considering this issue and that we're taking steps
towards solving it.

Best,
-- Alex