From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject CloudStack Meetup in Philadelphia - July 11th
Date Thu, 31 May 2012 15:00:47 GMT
Hi folks,

(For those of you on both cloudstack-dev and cloudstack-users, sorry
for sending to both lists.)

A pretty diverse meetup group here in Philadelphia, called "Platform,
Infrastructure and Networking Group - Philly" (PING-Philly for short),
is dedicating the July 11th date to the topic of CloudStack.

We wanted to extend an invitation to the meetup event to everyone /
anyone that's interested in attending (and might happen to be close to
Philadelphia).  For those of you in the broader mid-atlantic area,
Philadelphia is pretty easy to get to by train from New York or DC.

Some details:
Event URL:  http://www.meetup.com/PING-Philly/events/66761112/
Official event: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 from 7 to 9 PM ET
Afterwords: We typically go out to a local pub as a group after the talks.
Location: SunGard's downtown Philadelphia office at 401 N Broad St.
(Instructions for getting into the meeting are on the event listing.)

If you'd like to attend, we'd really appreciate you registering for
the event on the Meetup.com website so that we know how many people to
plan on hosting (but showing up without registering is OK too).

Mark Hinkle and Dave Nalley are planning on presenting (thanks again
guys!), and I'll be sharing some of SunGard's early experiences with
CloudStack.  If someone else wants to present anything, just let me
know...  I can try to get you fit into the schedule.

We could consider making this a regular event for folks in the
mid-atlantic area, based on community participation.  We're also
trying to work with the folks at Citrix to pull together an east coast
CloudStack Dev Camp sometime in mid-August (similar to the events that
were held in Santa Clara and Beijing).

I'd love to see new faces show up for the July meetup, as a way to get
a feel for the mid-atlantic area's interest in this sort of event.  If
anyone is interested, and needs additional information / travel advice
/ whatever, please feel free to send me an email on or off-list.

-chip

Chip Childers ▪ Cloud Product Development ▪ SunGard Availability
Services ▪ 401 N. Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19108 ▪ w: 215.446.1976 ▪
m: 267.250.0815 ▪ f: 267.262.8325 ▪ chip.childers@sungard.com