From Anthony Xu <Xuefei...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: 8 Xen hosts limitations
Date Thu, 31 May 2012 17:46:54 GMT
Hi Clayton,

You are right, 8 host is a rule of thumb, 16 is hard limitation.
Cloudstack uses XAPI to communicate with XenServer Pool, CloudStack uses XAPI much more heavily
than user uses XAPI though XenCenter/CLI,
Which includes some regular XAPI call, like VM state Sync,

We found if there are more than 8 host in a pool, it may cause XenServer host slow.

It is a rule of thumb, which assumes you want to run more than ~200 VM on this XenServer pool.

If you want to run big VM, the number of VMs in the XenServer pool is less than 100, I think
you can add more host into a pool.

Thanks,
Anthony