From Anthony Xu <Xuefei...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Secondary nfs server alert issue
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 17:56:06 GMT
In 2.1.*, CloudStack only have one secondary storage and one SSVM for a zone, so CloudStack
uses one host entry to represent both. In 2.2.*, CloudStack support multiple secondary storages
and SSVMs, secondary storage status is not used, but the entries are still being referred.
Ideally, SSVM should report the secondary storage host status and update DB.

Anthony

-----Original Message-----
From: Nitin Mehta
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2012 7:45 AM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org; Ram Chinta
Cc: David Nalley; Anthony Xu
Subject: RE: Secondary nfs server alert issue

+Anthony

I think we should not put the secondary storage in the host table since we do not create an
agent for it and do not send command to it. Since we do not create an agent for it which connects
with MS, the state remains in Alert and means nothing.
I think the introduction of multiple secondary storage led to this addition but we should
move away from this and instead store the secondary storage info in a new table. This has
created a lot of confusion for a number of community users I have seen.
Created a bug for this @ http://bugs.cloudstack.org/browse/CS-14788

Thanks,
-Nitin

PS - Apologize for the top posting here. Still figuring out how to configure outlook for this.