From Kelven Yang <kelven.y...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Circular dependencies
Date Sun, 06 May 2012 18:00:06 GMT

I don't think vmware-base has any inter-reference to any other CloudStack projects except
the utility library. It is by-design to be generic(with no CloudStack assumption) and it is
running both under management server context and SSVM context.

The dependency between core and server are not circular as well, server depends on core but
not the other way around. We may have some legacy code(i.e, unit test code) that residents
at core but have reference back to server, if you find there still exists such code, please
point it in the forum or file a bug to remove it.

Circular-reference and tight-coupling are two different things, there are a lot of discussions
going on internally on how to make CloudStack be more modularized and loose-coupled. I'm sure
that we will see more posts on this subject soon.

Kelven