From Venkata SwamyBabu Budumuru <venkataswamybabu.budum...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Quick question on physical networks
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 15:01:51 GMT
Hi Salvatore,

Yes, you will be able to have multiple physical networks with each having a guest traffic
type. Below mentioned is high-level steps on how to achieve this.

- Let's assume I have a xenserver with eth0 and eth1
	Eth0 : xenbr0 : network-label = cloud-eth0
	Eth1 : xenbr1 : network-label = cloud-eth1
- Phy1
	* Traffic type = Guest
	- Depends on the hypervisor, you need to configure traffic label
	- For example: in case of Xen, you need to set Xen traffic label to "cloud-eth0"

- Phy2
	* Traffic Type = Guest
	- Depends on the hypervisor, you need to configure traffic label
	- For example: in case of Xen, you need to set Xen traffic label to "cloud-eth1" (NOTE: This
not necessarily be a different network label. It can be same as above as well)

Since you have multiple Guest networks, in order to make use of it we need define tags to
each of these physical networks.

For Ex :
	Phy1	:	Tag1
	Phy2	:	Tag2

When you create network offering you have to define above tag to it. So that it could let
guest VMs which uses that network offering pick right network label (cloud-eth0/cloud-eth1).
Please let me know if you need any other info.

Thanks,
SWAMY