From Will Chan <will.c...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: E-Mail client guidelines on the mailing list
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 23:56:45 GMT
+1

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Huang [mailto:Alex.Huang@citrix.com]
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2012 4:44 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org

>> - No top-quoting, only bottom quoting or in-line

I agree with most of these guidelines.  I can see most of them makes sense for plain text
reading in emails/archives and on phones.  The only one I have a problem with is bottom-quoting.
 With most email clients supporting threading nowadays, it is faster for readers or followers
of a thread to do top-quoting.  I think if you have specific items that you're answering to
then you should trim and do in-line.  This email, for example, to me is in-line with one item.
 If you are replying to an email as a whole, then you should simply top-quote.  For the people
who are reading archives, it's not too much trouble to follow in reverse but for people who
are actively participating in a conversation, it saves a lot of time not to have to scroll
down.

--Alex