From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: git migration heads up
Date Thu, 24 May 2012 18:41:54 GMT

On 25/05/2012, at 12:17 AM, David Nalley wrote:

> Just an FYI:
>
> Mohammad and I are going to freeze github/git.cloud.com's 3.0.x and
> master branches this weekend while we attempt to migrate them to the
> ASF repo. The ASF repo will remain frozen until we can conclude a vote
> (I understand that the PPMC must certify/accept the code drop), after
> which the ASF repo should become the canonical repo for the project.

That's certainly the case in any subsequent donations, but the initial donation is expected
as part of the original podling approval vote - so as soon as you can get the repo up and
running, go ahead and use it. You have time in the incubator to sort through any IP and policy
issues.

Was there a document somewhere that led you to believe otherwise?

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter