From Frank Zhang <Frank.Zh...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: location issues
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 23:11:45 GMT
Frankly speaking I also wonder both why they install in that folder and are they still in use.

Kelven, Kishan, can you confirm if console-proxy-runner  usage-runner are still in use? Do
we use them to spawn up consoleproxy and usage server?
And who else knows about agent-runner?

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Schweikert [mailto:rjschwei@suse.com]
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2012 3:50 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: location issues

Hi,

I am having some difficulty to figure out what I should be doing with the scripts that end
up in usr/libexec/.

When building I get the build loge entry:

installing artifacts/default/console-proxy/libexec/console-proxy-runner
as /var/tmp/cloudstack-3.0.1-1-root/usr/libexec/console-proxy-runner

3 files end up in libexec:
agent-runner  console-proxy-runner  usage-runner

In the spec file these are specified as %{_libexecdir}/.... However, %{_libexecdir} is really
some lib directory, in my case as I am building on x86-64 it is /usr/lib64

In the source tree I found that in the debian rules file this is set during configure as follows:
--libexecdir=/usr/bin

This is not set in the spec file (RPM build), should it be?
   - if yes do we want the files in /usr/bin or /usr/lib* ?

I take it the location to call these scripts is hard coded somewhere and I do not want to
move the files and then end up breaking something else.

Thanks,
Robert
Tech Lead
rjschwei@suse.com