From Robert Schweikert <rjsch...@suse.com>
Subject location issues
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 22:49:56 GMT
Hi,

I am having some difficulty to figure out what I should be doing with
the scripts that end up in usr/libexec/.

When building I get the build loge entry:

installing artifacts/default/console-proxy/libexec/console-proxy-runner
as /var/tmp/cloudstack-3.0.1-1-root/usr/libexec/console-proxy-runner

3 files end up in libexec:
agent-runner  console-proxy-runner  usage-runner

In the spec file these are specified as %{_libexecdir}/.... However,
%{_libexecdir} is really some lib directory, in my case as I am building
on x86-64 it is /usr/lib64

In the source tree I found that in the debian rules file this is set
during configure as follows: --libexecdir=/usr/bin

This is not set in the spec file (RPM build), should it be?
   - if yes do we want the files in /usr/bin or /usr/lib* ?

I take it the location to call these scripts is hard coded somewhere and
I do not want to move the files and then end up breaking something else.

Thanks,
Robert
Tech Lead
rjschwei@suse.com