From Robert Schweikert <rjsch...@suse.com>
Subject Re: packages for....
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 18:54:03 GMT
Hi David,

On 04/22/2012 10:30 AM, David Nalley wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 8:58 AM, Robert Schweikert<rjschwei@suse.com>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to build packages for openSUSE and SLE. It lookks like the spec
>> file checked into github will mostly work. My problem with getting started
>> is the "missing" release tarball.
>>
>> Is there such a beast as a release tarball?
>>   - If yes, where would I find it?
>>   - If no, is there a script in the source tree to create one?
>>            -- If no, what do I need to put in the tarball?
>>

> Hi Robert,
>
> There is a script to generate it, but it's part of the waf rpm build
> script. Essentially you run that within a working source directory and
> builds a tarball and runs rpmbuild -bb cloud.spec against it. So the
> easiest way is to just tar up the source contents, or you can grab any
> of the tarballs from any of the tags here:
> https://github.com/CloudStack/CloudStack/tags

Thanks for the pointer. Got the tarball, now I need some help building
things ;)

> My goal is to get rid of waf (which is currently how RPMs/DEBs are
> built) and end up using ant for build and install. Right now waf does
> a considerable amount of the install piece. I have a working spec to
> build with ant - but haven't gotten all of the waf specific stuff back
> into the any deploy target yet, so the spec while it works looks like
> a mass of cp -a statements.

Well, I am not familiar with ant or waf, thus I'd probably be stuck with
either build/install mechanism.

Trying to add SUSE support into the configure script I am wondering what
the negative side effects are of not having the tomcat expression
language jar file (tomcat6-el-1.0-api.jar)?

We currently do not build this jar file for SLE. Although I can
certainly build it in OBS.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Robert