From Reto Bachmann-Gmür <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sparql 1.1 and Fastlane
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 03:36:27 GMT
Hi Hasan

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 4:11 AM, Hasan <hasan@apache.org> wrote:

> > - Create subclass of TcProvider that accepts sparql query as string
> >

> Assumed that this string will be used when invoking the underlying engine
>
> Yes

> > - Have a minimum parsing of the queries to get the names a query is
> > directed against
> >

> this would be the datasetclause of the "sparql query" and in case of
> "sparql update"
> it would be the graphref.
> So we need a simple parser to extract iri of the affected graphs.
> How should the interface definition of the parser look like for sparql
> update?

What about a class SparqlPreParser with a singe method Set<UriRef>
getReferredGraphs(Sting query). The method should return all graphs the
query is directed to excluding remote service graph. One issue is the
default graph, the caller should know if the query explicitly sets a
default graph. So it would probably better to have Set<UriRef>
getQueryGraphs(Sting query, UriRef defaulGraph) instead. With this method
defaultGraph is part of the result if the query has no FROM clause.

> > Question:
> > - Did you already model the results of Sparql 1.1? I think there is no
> big
> > difference there to 1.0.
> >

> afaik it is the same for query, but a sparql update results in success or
> failure.

Which is the same as for ASK queries. So the result is an Object that can
be cast either to a ResultSet, a Graph or a Boolean.

Cheers,
Reto