From Reto Bachmann-Gmür <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: releasing individual modules and versionig
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2013 18:41:04 GMT
Hi Daniel

I'm not arguing for a centralized dependency management. so be both agree
there. My question is how to best move the dependency versions from the
dependency management to the projects.

The mvn versions plugin doesn't seem to support this.

But there is an issue with this approach as well. Often you will want to
> use the new features of a module A from some other module B. So you need to
> go to B's pom and adapt the version number of its dependency. Maybe you
> need to do this with several other modules as well. But you don't do this
> with all modules (e.g. Stable Module C has no changes and does not require
> any new feature).

No. I suggest you do this for all modules in trunk which is easily done by
executing the following:

mvn versions:use-latest-versions -Dincludes="org.apache.clerezza"
-DallowSnapshots=true -DexcludeReactor=false

If C is mantianes it should be adapted to use the new version of A. If C is
not mantained it should be moved out of trunk.

Cheers,
Reto