From Minto van der Sluis <mi...@xup.nl>
Subject Re: LinkageError when using Clerezza in combination with CXF on Karaf
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2012 11:00:16 GMT
Thanks for your reply.

See my remarks below

Regards,

Minto

Op 7-12-2012 11:37, Daniel Spicar schreef:
> I am not sure what is happening but it is possible that Xerces is confused
> because it somehow found conflicting class definitions.
>
> Regarding "org.apache.clerezza.ext:com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb":
>
> I don't know why it imports 'xerces.util' but
> 'org.apache.clerezza.ext:com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb' is an 'osgi-ified' Jena TDB
> (presumably an old version). TDB depends on Xerces via Jena Core so I
> assume the import comes from somewhere there.
Xerces 2.9.1 is embedded in the 'osgi-fied' bundle. It is also in the
bundle classpath. So if I understand Osgi correctly (I am quite new
there as well) it is not necessary to import the package.

> It is possible that when you remove the import everything will still work
> but it can not be guaranteed. Maybe somebody who created the TDB bundle can
> remember.
In my simple use case it is possible to parse and store RDF data. But
there might be other use cases that might require the import and/or
export. That's why I send out the request in the first place before
creating and issue. But maybe creating an issue is not a bad idea after
all. The issues can always be closed if this is as designed.

--
ir. ing. Minto van der Sluis
Software innovator / renovator

Mobiel: +31 (0) 626 014541