From Reto Bachmann-Gmür <r...@apache.org>
Subject Future of Clerezza and Stanbol
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 12:00:27 GMT
Ok, sorry for jumping into this discussion so lately. I've been having
quite some discussion on the matter here at apacheconeu. Also I had
prositive feedback from my resentation of Clerezza yesterday.

I think two things:
- For high level platform component it is often not clear if the fit better
into Stanbol or into Clerezza
- The RDF Api shoud actually be independen both from triple store provider
as well as from consumer

So I think a good solution would be to have the RDF liraries comprising:
- A modular and very spec oriented API for RDF and related standards
- A set of serializing and parsing providers
- Adapters to triple stores (where the api isn't provided by the triple
store)
basically that's what in the org.apache.clerezza.rdf.* packages

That's the stuff that would fit well into Stanbol. Provided that stanbol
drops it's interretation of "REST" as "not for humans" and want to go to
allow integrating (wherever possible as modular and optional components)
media types designed for human consumptions and support REST approaches
there as well (thinking of the current back-button unfriendly UI).
- Scala Server Pages
- TypeRendering (selection of templates based on the rdf type of the
returned response)
- Security (already integrated to some degree, code based security to run
bundles in a sandboxed manner is not)
- Shell (already ships in the stanbol launcher, so here it's about
'adopting' the sources)
- Dev tools: rapid development support (create sample projects, have source
files as bundles)

To the attic:
- Triaxrs: The Clerezza jax-rs implementation is no longer needed as the
same support (jax-rs components asosgi services) is now provided by apache
wink
-  jssr 223 support

In my opinion there is no urgent need for action, it is true that there
hasn't been a lot of action in clerezza but imho the project os going on
even at a low pace  (as other projects like e.g. the recently graduated
wink).

Cheers,
Reto

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 12:02 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org