From Peter Ansell <ansell.pe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Graduating Clerezza - please indicate what your involvement would be
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2012 22:24:47 GMT
On 22 November 2012 22:32, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Trying to summarize the recent discussions, my understanding is that
> Clerezza consists of three different parts:
>
> a) An RDF API with adapters and tools, used by Stanbol

Stanbol seems to be the major application using these components.
Personally, the OpenRDF API, currently only implemented by Sesame,
suits my needs. I do not see a niche for the Clerezza RDF API compared
against the incumbent Java RDF/OWL libraries, namely Sesame, OWLAPI,
or Jena. I do not wish to rehash the discussions about advantages and
disadvantages of each, but it is clear that people are making
applications that work using those three libraries, even if they each
have their own unique defects.

My interest in extending Clerezza was to investigate changes necessary
to use it while experimenting with the Stanbol Ontology Manager
component to determine the steps that would be needed to use that
module from Stanbol as a POJO without OSGi. Unfortunately I was not
able to get the Stanbol Ontology Manager working outside of the OSGi
framework so I went with a custom solution after implementing a
Sesame-to-OWLAPI bridge.

Cheers,

Peter