From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject The future of Clerezza
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 09:28:24 GMT
Hi,

We need to report to the Incubator PMC this month, I think it's a good
opportunity to discuss the future of this project.

What I see is:

Very low activity related to Clerezza's core "semantic CMS" mission

Some activity related to Clerezza's reusable semantic libraries

Obvious decrease in commit activity since 2010:
http://svnsearch.org/svnsearch/repos/ASF/search?path=%2Fincubator%2Fclerezza

Little activity on lists
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-clerezza-dev/ and
jira https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLEREZZA

Is anyone planning to work more on the core CMS parts soon?

Without that, I don't think the project can graduate as is, as the
activity on its core parts is not sufficient to sustain a project,
IMO.

The alternative would be to donate the semantic libs to Stanbol, and
shut down the rest - people are free to fork the code elsewhere
anyway.

WDYT?

-Bertrand