From Tsuy Ito <tsuy....@trialox.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] change skos namespace in use
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 11:02:05 GMT
IMO it is easier for compatiblity reasons to add namespace SKOS04 and leave SKOS as it is.

I also suggest to add SKOS08 as namespace and set SKOS as deprecated.

What happens if in future another version will be defined as namespace of SKOS? You will update
it again and all users have to change their code, again? not very user-friendly.

Especially because user who uses snapshot versions will not notice the change (build will
not break) but this change will have a big impact on the existing data. So they have to update
their database or update their source code.

There is no technical reason for my -1 but I suggest do it the other way arround to be more
user-friendly.

-1

cheers
tsuy

On Sep 6, 2012, at 11:50 AM, Reto Bachmann-Gmür <reto@apache.org> wrote:

> After checking the spec again I can confirm what Rupert wrote
>
> The august 28 2008 version used the
> http://www.w3.org/2008/05/skos#namespace [1] but the final version of
> the spec of August 28 2009 defines
> http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core# to be the namespace [2].
>
> Therefore I vote
>
> +1
>
> Cheers,
> Reto
>
> 1. http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-skos-reference-20080829/#L1302
> 2. http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-reference/#vocab
>

> On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 11:43 AM, Reto Bachmann-Gmür <reto@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> As there doesn't seem to be a consensus on the discussed namespace change
>> I ask for a vote on the resolution I propose for CLEREZZA-717. My proposed
>> resolution can be seen here:
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/clerezza/issues/CLEREZZA-717/
>>
>> See
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-clerezza-dev/201209.mbox/%3CCALvhUEVO5vu1+pqr_MJWSTTwwCEvRxEq-1y7aPq0yUGgB9xAmg@mail.gmail.com%3Efor
the discussion thread.

>> The vote will be open for at least 72h
>>
>> Please note that vetoes (-1) need a technical reason to be valid.

  tsuyoshi ito
  hardturmstrasse 101
  8005 zuerich