From Reto Bachmann-Gmür <r...@apache.org>
Subject CLEREZZA-711: Separating reactor from parent
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2012 19:22:51 GMT
Hello

I'm wondering what you think about
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLEREZZA-711.

While a hierarchical project structure and haviong parent and reactor
together the structure with having the pparent at a separate location from
the reactor and using explicit relativePath seems more flexible for
relasing individual modules or adding and releasing new modules  (not
totally easy as you might want to do a parent release switching back the
non-released modules to the latest released version, doing the partial
release making the parent to point again to the snapshots of the
non-released modules and update the non-released modules to use the latest
parent, not sure how much of this can be done with the maven versions
plugin).

And I dislike the relativePath thing so I've raised
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-5305

I think the clerezza-jar-resource-bundle need to be changed for the source
bundle to still be created correctly, or it might no longer be used at all.
I'll commit a changed version now and I'm curious to know if you think that
this is the way to go.

Cheers,
Reto