From Reto Bachmann-Gmür <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CLEREZZA-711: Separating reactor from parent
Date Sat, 11 Aug 2012 20:28:21 GMT
Ciao Tommaso,

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 2:01 PM, Tommaso Teofili
<tommaso.teofili@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Reto,
>
> I think that for us it totally makes sense to go for separation between
> parent and reactor.
> We do the same in UIMA since we need to manage and release different parent
> versions, this'd be hard to do if it was bound to the reactor.
> Probably the best way is to make separate svn directory for parent and do
> separated releases and let that be used via the standard maven mechanism
> when declared in an artifact's pom

Do I understand you correctly that the parent would be excluded from the
reactor? when are the dependencies in its dependency management section
updated?

> (without relativePath, which I dislike btw).

Vote for http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-5305 then ;)

I just tried to cut a release for shell and parent, for this a created the
branch
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/clerezza/branches/shellrelease/.
For this I modified the parent to pint to the latest released version
rather than the latest snapshot and communted out all the other modules in
the reactor. Unfortunatle the release plugin is still at some point using
the trunk version rather than the branch, probably have to adapt svn
location in pom.
However the source-zip was created correctly containing only the sources of
reactor,parent and shell.

Cheers,
Reto