From Andy Seaborne <a...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Setting a read limit when parsing a Graph
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 08:07:40 GMT

On 14/08/12 13:09, Reto Bachmann-Gmür wrote:
> Hi Alessandro,
>
> Two things:
>
> - the mark method doesn't truncate the stream after the indicated number of
> bytes, but makes sure that within the indicated number of bytes one can
> reset the stream back to that position. If one reads more than the
> indicated number of bytes the mark becomes invalid (i.e. reset won't work)
> but otherwise the stream behaves as normal.
>
> - I'mm not sure how the jena parser works and if you get the triples read
> so far if your rdf/xml is truncated. You might want to truncate n-triples
> after a dot.

The parser streams and emits triples as they are completed.  All the
parsers do.

Which Jena parser framework does Clerezza use?  The old one or the new
one?  The new one, RIOT, has an interface for receiving a stream of
triples.  (You can do this in the old one but you need to write a small
graph implementation.)

Reto - we're moving towards switching from the old jena-core readers to
a new reader framework which does better content negotiation, uses the
(much) faster parsers from RIOT and is properly extensible.  Igf you
have any input, then mailto:dev@jena.a.o

Alessandro - if you can open the file twice, something like this might work:

read in 1240 bytes and then parse just that.  Then close-reopen the file
to read the whole thing.

	Andy