From Alessandro Adamou <ada...@cs.unibo.it>
Subject Setting a read limit when parsing a Graph
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 11:53:42 GMT
Hi,

I need to write a function that performs lookahead of the OWL ontology
ID for a Graph, therefore it has to scan the content up to a certain
point to see if it has found an ontology IRI / version IRI pair.

I thought that setting mark() on a BufferedInputStream did the trick,
something like:

MGraph graph = new SimpleMGraph();
BufferedInputStream bIn = new BufferedInputStream(content);
bIn.mark(1240); // Read up to 1k
parser.parse(graph, bIn, SupportedFormat.RDF_XML);

(parser has a Jena parser provider registered)

But apparently this is not working. Even for streams much longer than 1
kiB, with the interesting triples right at the very end, these triples
are always found.

Do the Clerezza parser override the marks on a buffered stream, or maybe
Jena is doing so? Or even better, am I doing this wrong?

Best,
-- Alessandro

--
M.Sc. Alessandro Adamou

Department of Computer Science
Mura Anteo Zamboni 7, 40127 Bologna - Italy

Semantic Technology Laboratory (STLab)
Institute for Cognitive Science and Technology (ISTC)
National Research Council (CNR)
Via Nomentana 56, 00161 Rome - Italy

"I will give you everything, just don't demand anything."
(Ettore Petrolini, 1917)

Not sent from my iSnobTechDevice